Parish records online sussex Wep matures
The 1911 census provides details on an individual's age, residence, place of birth, relations and occupation. Selham, Lodsworth, Tillington, Burton, Duncton, Petworth, Sutton, Coates, Egdean, Fittleworth, Bury, Cold Waltham, and Stopham, to Stopham meadow, which is thence navigable to the river Arun near Stopham bridge.
Find My Past's index allows searches on for multiple metrics including occupation and residence. Another canal runs from the Rother near Stopham bridge to Haslingbourne bridge in the parish of Petworth.
An index to births registered at the central authority for England & Wales. This river, by an act of parliament passed in 1733, had a new outlet cut for it, in order to in prove its navigation, and now it carries ships as high as Arundel of about an hundred tons burden.An index to deaths registered throughout England & Wales. This river between Newhaven bridge and Lewes was navigable only for small barges at particular times of tide, but by widening, deepening, and some new cuts, it is now constantly navigable for boats of larger burthen, to within five miles east of Cuckfield.Provides a reference to order copies of death certificates from the national registrar of births, marriages and deaths – the General Register Office. Other less considerable rivers in this county are the Lavant, the Cuckmere, the Ashbourn, and the Asten; all which, as well as the rivers whose courses have been described, are confined within the limits of Sussex.A comprehensive place-by-place gazetteer, listing key historical and contemporary facts. Carp is the chief stock; but tench, perch, eels, and pike are raised. The usual season for drawing the ponds, is either autumn or spring: the sale is regulated by measure, from the eye to the fork of the tail. In Burton park is a fine reach of water, yielding carp, tench, perch, pike, &c. Lord Egremont has several noble ponds for breeding, and others for fattening, one immediately under another, with streams running through them.Contains details on local schools, churches, government and other institutions. The Sussex Comity Lunatic Asylum, occupies an elevated position about one mile south-east from the Haywards Heath railway station, in grounds of about 245 acres; the building is in the Lombardo-Venetian style, and was opened for the reception of patients 35 July, 1859; in 1873 additions were made and continued till 1885, bringing the cost up to about £174,000: there is a chapel for the use of the officials and inmates; the number of patients in 1898 was 903. They are fished every third year, and the best reserved for the slews, but none sold.